For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Thursday 21 July 2022

LETTER TO CARRIE

I don’t really like you. (I love you.)

I’m not impressed. (I’m in awe.)

You’re not my friend. (You’re my BFF.)

You’ve not made the grade. (You’ve done more.)


I don’t think you’re pretty. (You’re stunning.)

I can’t say you’re good. (You’re elite.)

You’re not very bright. (You’re blinding.)

You’re simply not nice. (You’re a treat.)


I don’t want you. (I need you.)

I don’t think you’re kind. (You’re a saint.)

You’ll never be cool. (You’re on fire.)

You’re my wife. (& I have no complaint.)

.................

[clarification: this is a poem about my wife, Carrie, not Boris Johnson's wife, who is also called Carrie. A couple of people got in touch to express confusion.]