Friday, 25 September 2026

Dreams (Can Be Like That)

Last night I had a dream

about the school caretaker.
I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to him,

and I don’t even know his name.

But he was in my dream. 


He was telling me

that he preferred coffee over tea. 


Dreams can be like that – 

completely random, 

absolutely weird, 

involving people and things

we rarely ever consider. 


Which got me thinking:

how many dreams have I been in?

Who out there is dreaming of me?

Who has ever had a dream

In which I feature?


And you too – 

who out there

has ever dreamt of you?


Definitely someone. 

Probably lots of people. 

Certainly people you wouldn’t expect.

Maybe even the school caretaker.


You see,

dreams can be like that. 

Totally unpredictable. 

Utter bizarre.

And sometimes involving armadillos.


Joshua Seigal 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.