For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 22 June 2021

a poem for every person who has ever been told "you can't"

THE ORANGE TABLE


I sit on the Orange Table.

Not the Red or Blue or Green.

This is where Miss has put me

and I think I know what it means.


It means my writing’s not too good.

It means I cannot spell.

I don’t know if they know I know

but I only know too well. 


I sit on the Orange Table.

It’s where I’ve sat all year.

I can’t do Maths or Science 

they say, and so they put me here.


I’m not so hot at school work,

which means I’m not too smart

so I sit on the Orange Table

so I can be kept apart. 


I sit on the Orange Table.

They say that this is best.

But they can’t see the orange fire

that burns inside my chest.