For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 9 May 2021

POEM FOR MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK 2021

CIRCLE TIME


We have it every Friday.

We go round one by one

taking turns to say

what’s on our mind. 


Yesterday James discussed

visiting France this summer. 

Ahmad talked about his new baby sister;

Ruth spoke of her kitten. 


I said nothing. Again. 

Just stared at the swirls

on the carpet and shrugged.

Miss Ellis said I didn’t have to talk

if I didn’t want. 


And I wish I could tell them.

I wish I could explain

how Dad and Laura

fight in the night

when they think I’m sleeping. 


I wish I could talk

of that tangled twine

that tightens round my torso

when they fire those poison arrows. 


But I said nothing. Again. 

Just kept my eyes down

as that still small voice 

murmured once more

how it’s all my fault.