For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 16 May 2022

WONDERFUL POEM BY CHLOE, AGE 8

Chloe's mum recently got in touch with me to say that my latest visit to Fleetville Infant School, where I have been Patron of Reading since 2014, inspired Chloe to write her own poem. I was especially impressed with the sophisticated humour and use of rhyme in Chloe's poem; it really made me smile! I hope you, dear reader, enjoy the poem as much as I did. Here goes:


A Gorilla Came To School Today 


A gorilla came to school today 

He appeared at the front of my class. 

His fingers were as big as bananas  

He was wearing big spotty pyjamas!  

He was small and quiet 

Not very scary 

But he was a little bit stinky 

And ever so hairy! 

We tried to do a science test 

He tried his very best 

But he got everything mixed up  

And made an awful mess! 

We went to the gym 

Where he dived right in 

He loved doing the press ups 

But ended up getting hiccups! 

We all love our new classmate. 

He’s funny and happy and daft. 

We hope he comes back tomorrow 

As all we’ve done today is laugh!