For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 24 May 2022

LOVELY LITTLE POEMS FROM WHITCHURCH PRIMARY

One of the things I love about running poetry workshops is the fact that they can produce really meaningful snippets of writing in an extremely short space of time. It can take ages to edit a poem, but it needn't take a long time at all to produce a collection of really poignant lines and ideas. With this in mind, I'd like to share two 'mini poems' that were penned during my visit to Whitchurch Primary, Berkshire, last week. I asked Year 4 to think of an emotion, and then to jot down a few lines describing what that emotion means to them. Here is a pair of Lovely Little Poems that were produced in only ten minutes:

Worry


I hate you worry 

You turn my feet into lead

You make sad thoughts

Whizz in my head 

You are the taste

Of my salty tears

I hate you worry


Love


Love is a baby monkey

on the tip of your finger

Love is my dog

sleeping in my arms 

Love is my mum

hugging me goodnight

Love is my friends

opening the heavy door for me 

Love is eating M&S pizza

Love is everywhere.