For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Friday 19 November 2021

MY WIFE GOT A LETTER

from the NHS and I want nothing more

than to open it. She is at work, and I know

she wouldn’t mind. It’s sitting on the living

room table and I try to peek inside, without

breaking the seal of the envelope. I know

I should leave it, but I want to know what this

letter says. I decide that I need to fill up time

for the next few hours until my wife gets home

and opens the letter herself. She is not me;

the letter is not mine. I am me and she is her.

I know that. Through the last several years

I have come to know that. We each get separate

letters. I write poems whilst she gets on

with her day. The letter is still on the table

and I must not touch it.