For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 14 November 2021

HOW I WON THE POETRY WAR

A story emerged yesterday that Matt Hancock has been offered a sizeable advance to write a book on how he ‘won the Covid war’. The veracity of the story has since been called into question, but not before I boshed out this poem. Enjoy. 


HANCOCK’S MEMOIRS IN FULL


Cases rising more and more

Horse has bolted? Lock the door!

Inefficiency galore:

How I Won the Covid War


Every day worse than before 

Get advice that I ignore

Failure oozing from each pore:

How I Won the Covid War


Offer aid? I’m not so sure 

Affair with aide instead in store 

Chinless wonder to the core:

How I Won the Covid War


Dignity crashed though the floor

Twist the truth, distort the lore

Camel’s back, here’s one last straw:

‘How I Won the Covid War’