For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 5 May 2020

FANTASTIC POEMS FROM ST LAWRENCE CE PRIMARY, HAMPSHIRE

During the lockdown I have been recording several videos in which I read a short poem, and then suggest a very quick, easy and fun poetry writing task. So far I have made seven such videos, and you can watch them all on my Instagram channel here. One of the videos involves me reading my poem 'Don't Go To The Cake Shop', which is published in my book Little Lemur Laughing from Bloomsbury. The challenge was very simple: create a list poem involving weird, wacky and disgusting foodstuffs, and then give the list poem a funny title! I am delighted to report that the fantastic children of St Lawrence CE Primary School in Hampshire gave this activity a go, and it is an honour for me to be able to share a selection of their wonderful poetry on my blog. Here you go!