For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 26 January 2015

Welcome to the Silly Isles!

I've always wanted to visit the Scilly Isles. I'd be lying if I said that this wasn't in part because of the amusing name. This prompted me to write the following poem. As a fun workshop idea, get children to design their own 'silly isles'. What would they visit? Who would they meet? What would they eat? Where would they sleep? etc!


Welcome to the Silly Isles
Welcome to the Silly Isles!
Come and visit for a while.
There’s lots to do and lots to see
so come and take a walk with me...

You’ll be greeted by a moose
who’ll offer you some ping pong juice.
Next you’ll see a jaguar
who’ll teach you how to play guitar.

We don’t read books or watch TV,
we sit and watch our famous tree.
It stands there still all day and night,
but will it move? We think it might!

Come aboard the wobbly train
to take you to the giant drain.
There you’ll find a thousand piglets
feasting on a pile of twiglets.

Pleased to meet you! I’m the crow.
I’ll teach you all you need to know.
My brother is a rock called Gary,
lately we’ve made plans to marry.

Over there you’ll see a chair
cavorting with a grizzly bear.
Please don’t gasp, and have no fear:
they’re the king and queen round here.

Oh, you’re tired? Well come with me now –
here’s a bed made of a sea cow,
hollowed out and filled with bread.
Come and rest your weary head!

For breakfast would you like some sticks,
or would you like some roasted bricks?
Perhaps you’d like some shredded wheat
served with a side of smelly feet?

Welcome to the Silly Isles!
Come and visit for a while.
There’s lots to do and lots to see.
so come and take a walk with me.