For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 19 January 2015

ANXIETY - Poem & Workshop Idea (KS2/3)

Anxiety

There’s a tightness in my stomach.
There’s a tingle in my brain.
There’s an adder in my bladder
and it’s driving me insane.

There’s a ringing in my ears.
There’s a stiffness in my neck.
There’s a lizard in my gizzard
that I cannot keep in check.

There’s a storm in my aorta.
There’s a bullet in my back.
There’s a lion and it's trying
to embark on an attack.

There’s a splinter in my sphincter.
There’s a groaning in my bones.
Don’t make me go outside today –
I want to stay at home.


Unfortunately I suffer from anxiety. In fact, concentrating on writing the above poem helped ease it a little bit. Anyway, why not try writing something similar? Think of an emotion, then write a poem about it using the format "There's a.... in my...." Try to think of the most imaginative ideas you can. Then the rest of the class can try to guess the emotion!

(PS, I know that humans don't technically have gizzards. But I have poetic licence, and I'm not afraid to use it!)