For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 6 August 2024

poetry workshop idea!

Here is a fun idea for a poetry workshop! Try writing lines using the following structure:

If you were a radio

I’d listen to you all day.


If you were a pair of shoes

I’d walk with you everywhere.


If you were a chocolate bar

I’d savour your sweetness forever.


If you were a pillow

I’d bury my face in your softness.


If you were the stars

I’d capture the whole night sky.


Here are some lines produced using this structure, from some of my poetry pals on Twitter:

If you were a cat

We’d get on purrfectly well. (Brian Moses)


If you were a camera

I’d find you wonderful scenes to capture

If you were a lawnmower

I’d give you beautiful grass to mow

If you were a china cup

I’d brew you tea as often as you wished

If you were a bed

I’d wish you the sweetest dreams (Val Harris)


If you were an umbrella

I’d sing to help it rain.

If you were a piano

We’d always live in harmony.

If you were the sun

I’d dance in your warmth. (Fiona Halliday)