For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Wednesday 15 December 2021

My Mum's First Poem

My mum got in touch recently to say that, at the age of 59, she has written her first ever poem. It is with her permission that I share it on my blog. Here are a few things about my mum, which may or may not be relevant as you read the poem: she has three brothers all of whom went to university; my mum didn't go to university; she had three kids by the time she was 28; she was a full-time mum when we were growing up; she is now a psychotherapist; she doesn't believe she is clever (she is); she was inspired to write the poem after listening to the Gathering Gold podcast by Jungian counselor Sheryl Paul. I am really proud of her. 


LONGING


Write a poem

A poem

Me?

I would love to do that

To discover that I can think

After all

That I hold within my own mind a richness of words ready to be used.

To choose what to say is

Even how to say

Try to express my internal confusion

My Eternal confusion

And sometimes the blankness

The thinking stops here-ness

The loneliness

The depths

The fear

Always the fear


by Tracey Seigal