For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Friday 1 October 2021

a poem for Tim Martin and Wetherspoons

I’d have a drink or several 

as I sit atop a crane,

I’d stand alone with glass in hand

out in the pissing rain,

I’d sip on some tequila

as I dance to dodgy tunes,

but I’d never, no I’d never,

no I’d never drink in Spoons. 


I’d gulp a can of cider

with a beggar in a skip,

I’d have some rum with pirates

in the crow’s nest of their ship,

I’d quaff some Jagermeister 

with a gang of raving loons,

but I’d never, no I’d never, 

no I’d never drink in Spoons.


I’d have a dram in prison

with a robber and a thief,

I’d wallow in a cesspit

with a nice aperitif, 

I’d share a Bloody Mary 

with a pair of crazed baboons,

but I’d never, no I’d never,

no I’d never drink in Spoons.


With alcoholic drinks 

there’s isn’t much I wouldn’t do,

I’d bathe in degradation 

for a simple pint or two

but I’d rather get my knackers chewed

by furious raccoons

just so long as I would never

have to have a drink in Spoons!




Grade-A Pillock, Above