For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 14 November 2016

LOVE POEMS BY STUDENTS

When I checked my emails this morning I found this amazing blog post in my inbox. The author discusses Donald Trump, and the battle we all face between Love and Fear. In today's poetry workshop students wrote poems on the theme of 'Love'. We started off with a quick warm up exercise, in which I asked students to complete the following sentences: 'Loves tastes like...', 'Love sounds like...', Love looks like..., 'Love feels like...' and 'Love smells like...'. We then looked at two pieces of writing: Love Is by Adrian Henri, and this passage from Corinthians. Students then wrote their own poems. Here are two fantastic examples that I'd like to share.

Love is… by Nazifa

Love is the sickening feeling
that starts to grow in your stomach.
Love feels like a warm spark
going on in your heart.
It sounds like fireworks or wedding bells
quietly ringing in your ear.
Love is when your mum throws
the first thing she sees at you.
Yes, this is love.
Love is letting your favourite chocolate
melt in your mouth.
You can’t grasp love.
You can’t see love.
You probably can’t even taste love.
Love is blind.
Love is love.

Love is… by Zainab

Love is.
Love is fireworks and butterflies
Exploding in my stomach.
Love is colourful
Love is blind
Love is.

Love is feeling,
Feelings you can’t touch
Love is exciting
Love is dumb
Love is

Love comes in different forms
My form
Your form
It doesn’t matter –
Everyone experiences love.
Love is.

Love is
Oozy chocolate fondant
And that chocolatey smell
I hope it cooks well.
Love is.

Love is
When you’re turning 13 tomorrow
And you’ve got the embarrassing lessons
Where you’re gonna go red
And receive 100 presents
In a delicious Turkish restaurant
Just me and 4 families and a Turkish waiter
Singing Happy Birthday to me,

Bringing in the cake.