For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 6 June 2016

BOAST POEMS - Inspired by Muhammad Ali (1942-2016)

Muhammad Ali came up with some wonderful quotes. Lots of them actually read like poetry, and are surely the precursors of the belligerent, boastful lyrics that characterise certain strains of hip-hop. This can form a really interesting basis for poetry. What outlandish boasts can you come up with? Start off with a list of adjectives, then turn each one into a ridiculous boast. You can turn the poem into a riddle like mine if you want, or you can combine the lines to create a group poem. Finally, you can finish by having a battle in class!

Image result for muhammad ali

Quote by Muhammad Ali

I done wrestled with an alligator,
I done tussled with a whale;
handcuffed lightning,
thrown thunder in jail;
only last week, I murdered a rock,
injured a stone,
hospitalised a brick;
I'm so mean
I make medicine sick


What am I? by Joshua Seigal

I’m

PRETTIER
than a butterfly princess
STRONGER
than a gorilla on steroids
CLEVERER
than a professor with two brains
BRAVER
than a warrior in a lion’s cage
TOUGHER
than diamond girders
CUTER
than a hamster-sized kitten
FASTER
than a torpedo made of light
RICHER
than a sultan who won the lottery
FUNNIER
than a headmaster with no trousers
SWEETER
than sugar-coated ice cream.

What am I?

A: a liar.