For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 12 February 2023

FOOD LOVE POETRY - fantastic poem from Year 5, JAGS Prep School

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought now would be the perfect opportunity to share a love poem. But it's not a normal love poem! One of my favourite activities to run with KS2 children is to get them to write love poems to their favourite (healthy) food! This results in much hilarity, and often in surprisingly inventive poems. Before setting the students loose of their own poems, I share with them my poem 'Love Letter to a Lychee', which is published in by book I Don't Like Poetry, and which you can view here:


Inspired by this poem, here is a wonderful LOVE POEM TO A CHERRY, written by a girl in Year 5 at JAGS Prep School, where I had the privilege of spending a two day poetry residency last week: