For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 12 July 2021

Poem for Year 6 Leavers at Penn Wood Primary School

Later this week I am due to give a short poetry performance, for parents and pupils, at a Year 6 leavers' assembly at Penn Wood School, Slough. I have written them a special poem, which I am delighted to share on my blog. If any Year 6 teachers are reading this, please feel free to share the poem with your class!

LEAVERS’ POEM by Joshua Seigal

Remember...


The times you laughed, the times you cried

The times you fell and skinned your knee

The times you shared, and cared, and tried

Unlocked your mind and found the key


The times you hugged, the times you fought

The times you filed in lines outside

The times your churned with nascent thoughts

And yearned and burned with sparks of pride


The times you learned, the times you strayed

The times you turned to see anew

The times you toiled, the times you played

And hold them close...


They’re part of you.