For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 25 August 2020

GOD SAVE OUR COMEDY

 A debate is currently raging on Twitter about our National Anthem. I think it's something to do with Last Night of the Proms, and people are weighing in on all sides. For my part, I've always hated our anthem. I find it anachronistic and turgid. With this in mind I have decided to rewrite the first verse in order to reflect something that really matters - the threat faced by the live comedy industry in the wake of the pandemic. I only did the first verse because no one knows or cares about any of the other verses. Here goes. 

God save our comedy

Long live our artistry 

God save our laughs

Give it some finances 

Give it some life chances

In this sad circumstance

God

Save

Our 

Laughs


#SaveLiveComedy