For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 10 June 2024

The Food Of Love

You’re a great cook, but tonight the food

looks like sick. It looks like sick and smells

like sick. I can barely bring myself to put the spoon


into the bowl. This is not your fault;

anxiety does this to me. On better days 

your food is restaurant-quality. I devour it like


I’m consuming the fruits of love itself. But tonight

it looks like sick. I’ll eat it slowly, tenatively,

like I’m feeding my lost self back into myself,


the self that feels sick, because that’s really

what this is – it’s not about you, it’s about me, 

the way love can turn my stomach both that way


and this. Either way, you are great – my lost self

surely knows it. And you’re a great cook,

even though tonight the food, well, looks like sick.


Joshua Seigal