For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 2 January 2024

POETIC LICENCE

I got me a Poetic Licence

and I ain’t afraid to use it. 


My Poetic Licence means I can

use words like ‘ain’t’,

and no one can stop me. 


My Poetic Licence means I don’t

even have to use a full stop

at the end of this sentence

if I don’t wanna 


(I’m also allowed to use

words like ‘wanna’.)


When I flash my Poetic Licence 

I’m allowed into buildings labelled

Authenticity, Emotion

and Artistry.


Other buildings won’t admit me

unless I hand in my Poetic Licence – 

those places are named

things like Exams, Elitism

and Conformity,


but I got me a Poetic Licence

and I ain’t gonna hand it in

to no one. 


See, my poetic Licence lets me

say things like this

at the end of a poem:


SAUSAGES!


Yeah I got me a Poetic Licence, kid,

and I ain’t afraid to use it…


Joshua Seigal