For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 9 January 2023

Two fantastic poems from Markeaton Primary School, Derbyshire

Emma, a teacher at Markeaton Primary School, has been in touch to share with me some poems written by her pupils. I had a lovely visit to the school last term, and am really pleased that my visit seems to have inspired some wonderful writing! Here is a pair of poems, written by Maya and Mollie:

Open Wide by Maya

Imagine if swallowing were real.
My hair would become big beautiful tresses of broccoli,
Booming on a guitar amp.
My fingers would be famously fantastic french fries,
Speaking like a ghost pipes.
My eyes would be super circles of pepperoni -
Spicy chilli hot sauce.
My toes would be the warming feeling of socks in a dryer
That is found in warm pie and custard.
Lonely by Mollie

I am a deserted island and no one can hear my cries.
I am a barren iceberg floating silently in the vast ocean.
I am a small child living on the street -
All my friends have run away.
I am a king or queen with no one to rule.
With no one beside of me.
I am a glum shadow with no one to own me.
I am lonely.