For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Saturday 17 December 2022

WORLD CUP POEM

Tomorrow is the World Cup Final, Argentina v France. Here is a poem I've written especially for the occasion:


FARMERS’ LEAGUE 


My horse is playing cricket

and my pig is playing chess.

My duck is on the ski slope

where she jumps with great finesse. 


My sheep runs round the tennis court,

her racket going swish

My ferret’s playing badminton

along with all my fish.


My goose is throwing basketballs.

My rabbit’s playing hockey. 

My llama’s on the golf course

and my camel is a jockey. 


These animals are talented

but one thing is of note – 

the creature best at football

is none other than my GOAT.



Two bits of slang: 'Farmers League' is a term used in the football community to refer to a league that is perceived to be of a low standard. I'm not sure why. 'GOAT' stands for 'Greatest of all Time'. It is commonly used to refer to Lionel Messi, who plays for Argentina. Basically, the poem is quite witty, yeah?


Above: Messi, the GOAT