For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 27 April 2014

'Goshoowa Seigal'

A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of working with Year 2 children at Whitmore Primary School in Hackney, which I have now visited three times. We wrote poems about monsters and other strange creatures. I shared my poem Brontosaurus Rap, in order to demonstrate use of onomatopoeia and chorus within a poem. A while after the visit I bumped into one of their teachers, who passed on to me a note that some of the children had written. They seem to have absorbed the notion of onomatopoeia well, although I was primarily struck by the inventive and charming spelling of my name. Behold:


The poem (or 'song', as the children called it) was accompanied by a lovely thank you note, imploring 'Mr. Gosh' to visit their school again. 


This is why I get up in the morning.