For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 18 December 2023

Two very groanworthy poems

I've just written a pair of punilicious poems guaranteed to garner some groans! Here you go:

Counting on Me 


I counted a sequence

from One onto Two,

then Three, Four and Five

came up next in the queue. 


Six, Seven and Eight

followed up on the list

then I hit upon Nine,

but the next one I missed.


The digits accrued

reached their limit somehow;

my tallying skills

are unTenable now.



Boo Hoo Zoo 


I went to the zoo

and I saw a baboon, 

a lion, a tiger,

a skunk and raccoon. 


I saw a giraffe

and a penguin on ice

but my trips to this place

are no longer so nice:


there wasn’t a grizzly

or polar in sight,

and that is why mine’s

an unbearable plight

(c) Joshua Seigal