For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 3 December 2023

Lovely letter and poems from Valley Primary School, Solihull

I recently ran an online poetry workshop attended by many schools at once. The Literacy Lead from Valley Primary in Solihull got in touch with a thank you letter (I love it when this happens) as well as some of the fantastic poems produced by her pupils. I am delighted to be able to share both the letter and the poems. Here you go:

My class, and other teachers tell me theirs too,  had a fantastic time listening to your poems and meeting your lovely cat.  I have been inundated with poems written during the workshop and promised I would send a couple across.  
Strawberry Dreams (y6 pupil)
Oh Strawberry, I love you so,
Your fruity, fiery self dances in my soul
You feel light and fresh on my tongue 
The light airy sensation you give flies through my lungs
Oh Strawberry, I love you so . 
Pear Love Letter (y6 pupil)
Oh pear
I am going to love you til the very end
you taste like a cloud of heaven 
I'm going to love you til the end 
you are as green as grass on a sunny day 
as smooth as the ocean when it is calm 
so please reply
I will love you til the end  
I love your watermelon ways  (y5 pupil)
Oh watermelon
aren't you lovely?
you are red and green
just like Christmas
you taste like heaven 
oh watermelon
aren't you lovely?
you're crunchy 
and munchy
you keep your seeds hidden within 
your soft, red, juicy insides
Oh watermelon
I love you so 
...
In addition to this, children have been bringing me poems all week, where they have been inspired to just write.  I think you talking about the freedom of no rules and writing about what they love has given them the confidence to have a go, and it has been a joy to sit back and watch it happen. 
My School  (Y3 pupil)
My school is cool and nice
it is the opposite of boring
it's just the best school
it is so fun
super coooool
you should go to it
my school is Valley 

Our sleepover 
friends, friends all gather round 
we better go get something
don't make a sound
we're going to have a midnight feast 
but lets get something healthy
at least 
this is going to be 
the best night ever 
our parents are never
going to find out 
do you see those chicken nuggets and chips?
they're making me want to lick my lips
now quick, lets creep back to my room 
before it gets dark and 
we can't see through the gloom 
So, once again, thank you for all that you do to inspire the reading and writing of poetry.  There are many grateful teachers in my school who are now buzzing with ideas off the back of what you have started.
Have a wonderful weekend,
[name deleted]