For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 25 April 2016

I AM A CAT - poem + writing idea

Catastrophe
I am a cat.
I’m proud to be a cat.
Why is it, then, that humans
use me as an insult?
For example, when a human
stammers and stumbles
over their words, they say
I’ve ‘got their tongue’.
And when a naughty little human
peeks over another little human’s
shoulder, during a spelling test,
they get called a ‘copy-cat’.
And what about this –
when a human shrieks
at the sight of a mouse,
they get called a ‘scaredy-cat’.
Cats are not cowards!
Cats are fearless and loyal!
I wish these humans would stop
being so...dogmatic

-------------------------
which other strange animal-based idioms can you think of? Perhaps you're wondering why an elephant never forgets? Or maybe you're confused when your parents try to talk to you about the birds and the bees. Are those ants in your pants getting itchy? Why not rhyme a poem about it in the voice of an animal?

Image result for copy cat