For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Saturday 3 February 2024

Poems from Linton Village College

I recently spent a few days in the lovely village (town?) of Linton, on behalf the Lindon Children's Book Festival. I spent my time visiting schools, performing poems and running workshops. I was really excited to visit Linton Valley College, where I worked with some lovely groups of Year 7 and Year 9 students. I am excited to share two poems that emerged from my workshops. I hpe you enjoy them as much as I did!

If I Was a Colour by Elena Yr 7


I could be red

for I get angry and annoyed

I am like a bird

unable to fly


I could be green

for I am flourishing and calm 

I am like a flower

opening its petals


I could be yellow

for I have patience and brightness

I am like the sun

emerging from a cloud


I could be purple

for I am fair and caring

I am like a mother

helping their child 


I could be blue

for I am sad and lonely 

I am like a victim

of bullying


I could be any colour

nobody is one thing

There is difference in the world 



Colours by Adrienn Yr 9


White

Almost never pure

Never seen when coloured on paper


Red

Always grumpy 

Snappy, unapproachable, harsh


Green

Unloved. Alienated

Left behind, never to be seen again


Black

In the shadows

Emotion? Gone. Quiet.