For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Sunday 23 May 2021

A POEM FOR MY GRANDMA'S 80TH BIRTHDAY

Today I went to my to my grandma's lovely 80th birthday bash. 80 is pretty young to be a grandmother of someone my age, and my grandma has always been like a second mum to me. An occupational hazard of being a poet is that it becomes expected for me to stand up and do a poem at this kind of event. I usually try and duck out of doing this, but this time I thought I'd better step up. Here is my grandma's 80th birthday poem:



The poem, as you can see, follows a very simple format. It uses repetition to provide structure, and the content consists of very specific memories. I encourage everyone to give this a go - the more specific the memories are, the more personal and (I think) emotionally meaningful the poem becomes.