For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Tuesday 20 December 2022

So I had that dream again,

the one where you’re not there.

You’ve called the wedding off, or perhaps

it was never on to start with. Either way


I’m staring at the ring on my finger

and choking on your absence.

I’m looking you up online and when


I find out you’ve got another partner

I want to puke. Or perhaps we’re at

a party or something, but all I can see


is the back of your head and the way

you’ve pinned your hair, the way

you know I love. Then I heave so hard


I wake myself up. Morning begins

to brush the room, and the heap beside me

is you. And please believe me what I say 


I’m thankful for it all – those whispers

in my ear telling me what I have,

what I hold, and what I stand to lose.