For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Wednesday 13 October 2021

Prize winning poems from Moat Farm, Sandwell

I have been privileged to work with the fantastic pupils at Moat Farm Junior School. As part of National Poetry Day, they held a competition, and each year group selected a winning poem. Their wonderful teacher Gemma got in touch, and asked if I would display these winning poems on my blog. Of course I was absolutely delighted to do so. I hope you love these poems as much as I do!


When I Grow Up, by Year 3 Yellow Class


Mommy always asks me

What do you want to be?


When I grow up

I want to be an astronaut

To travel to the stars

Or maybe even Mars!


When I grow up 

I want to be a mechanic

To fix planes and trains 

But never get in a panic


When I grow up

I want to be a teacher 

Teach English and Maths

So kids can count their cash!


Mommy always asks me

What do you want to be?

Mommy, Mommy, I just want to be ME!



Poem by Year 4 Red Class


Every week we follow

Mr Bowen’s rules 


We even conquered Moat Farm

The best of all the schools 


The Red 4 kids from Oldbury

We listen near and far


You can hear us learning

All the way from your car…


Allez, allez, allez…[etc!]



Sensational Splashers by Year 5 Red Class



Book Travellers by Year 6 Yellow Class



The Best Subject in the World by Year 6 Red Class