For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Thursday 14 January 2021

BRILLIANT POEMS FROM FLEETVILLE INFANTS

 I have been paying regular visits to Fleetville Infant School since 2014, when I became their Patron of Reading. I wasn't able to visit this term, so we agreed that I would help judge a poetry competition. The task was for the children to write a poem based on my piece Play Time, which you can read on my website here. I am really happy to be able to share some of their fantastic poems. The ultimate winner was a group effort, produced by Bluebell Class (Reception). I was especially delighted to read this poem, as Bluebell is also the name of my cat! Here, then, are the poems. Enjoy!


Twin Time

by Joel and Luke 

We both have brown eyes

We both love learning history

We’ve both lost our first tooth

Can you tell us apart?

It’s a mystery!

We’re both a little bit cheeky

We like to jump and spin

Life is so fun

When you’re a twin

twin

twin!


FUN POEM

by Eloise 

I like to play with Christopher

We could play all day long

And when we are together we have

fun

fun

fun!

We like to play in the garden

And we like to play in the sun

And when we are together we have

fun

fun

fun!

We like to play in the park

With our Daddy called Mark the Shark in the sun

so let’s all have

fun

fun

fun!


The Things I Love by Florian 

I’ve got a Captain Underpants book

And fast racing cars too

I’ve got fierce dino pyjamas

And I love them because they’re blue!

I’ve got a lot of lego

And a friendly toy giraffe

I’ve got strong action men

And I love playing with them in the bath!


JUMP TIME by Sienna 

I'VE GOT A LITTLE DOGGY AND A PAIR OF SHINY BOOTS I’VE GOT A FOGGY WINDOW AND A RED AND YELLOW SUIT.

I’VE GOT A BRAND NEW BICYCLE AND MY BROTHERS OLD PUMP

SO EVERYBODY JOIN ME LETS HOP SKIP AND JUMP

I’VE GOT A CLIMBING FRAME AND A PAIR OF LEOPARD GLOVES

I’VE GOT A FANCY OUTFIT THAT I WEAR TO RESTAURANTS

I’VE GOT A PAIR ICE SKATES AND NOW I CAN STUMP

SO EVERYBODY JOIN ME LETS HOP SKIP AND JUMP!


‘Rhyming Fun’ with love from the Bluebells (Reception Class)

In reception we like to rhyme, it’s been a fun way to pass the time.

Here’s what we came up with, we hope that you like it.

Mr Josh, we hope it’s a hit

hit

hit.

I asked my class what rhymes do you know

and can you write them down so to Mr Seigal I can show.

The dog got stuck in the bog.

That same dog then saw a frog.

On his way along the road he saw a toad.

And a pig in a wig.

And a goat in a cosy coat.

You’d never believe what he then saw, are you ready for me to tell you more?

He had fun in the sun this wondering dog.

And was happy that there wasn’t any fog.

So he could see;

A goat that could float on a boat around the moat.

He saw it it’s true, crazy things these animals do.

A spoon jumped over the moon and on its way saw a birthday balloon.

A cat in a hat was laying on a mat and there was a school in a pool!

Over all he had the best day and he said during his play

“I have fun, fun, fun with my Mum, Mum, Mum.”

He then hopped until he flopped, what a silly billy.

So that is our poem from the Bluebells to you.

Thank you for making our learning so fun to do.

Love from,

The Bluebells