For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Wednesday 7 February 2018

COUNTDOWN POEMS - celebrating 'space week'

This week sees the launch of the world most powerful rocket. I don't know whether this is coincidental or not, but I have been working with a couple of schools lately that have been celebrating 'space week'. With this in mind, I'd like to share with you a quick, simple poetry idea. Using the structure of the famous rocket launch 'countdown', imagine what other things might be counted down to. The following poem is entitle 'countdown to holiday'.

Countdown to Holiday

10
pack suitcases into car
9
cram it in very tight
8
mum! mum! I need a wee!
7
I want to go in the middle!
No, I want to go in the middle!
6
I forgot my teddy!
5
get in the car
4
wait! I need another wee!
3
that's better
2
ready everyone? Strap in!
1
Devon here we come!
0
starts to rain


what other countdown ideas can you think of? Here are a few to get you started:

- jumping in the swimming pool
- getting ready for school
- eating a disgusting piece of food
- waiting for a birthday present

Image result for rocket launch