For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Monday 6 November 2017

WATCHING CARTOONS

Howdy. It has been a while since I've posted a blog. Life events have a habit of intervening, you see. Anyway, I'm pleased to be posting my first blog post for a couple of months. It's a new poem, based on a thought I remember having as a kid. I loved watching television, and I distinctly remember thinking that it doesn't matter how old I get, I'll never stop watching cartoons. (As a teenager I had the same thought regarding ska punk.) This poem is based on that. Enjoy!

Cartoons

One day I’ll grow up
and I’ll have to live life.
I might finish school
and I might find a wife.
It might happen later,
it might happen soon
but one thing’s for sure:
I’ll keep watching cartoons.

I might ditch my trainers
and wear a smart suit.
I might get a job
where I have to commute.
I might be a spaceman
and fly to the moon
but don’t be in doubt:
I’ll keep watching cartoons.

I might be a doctor,
curing disease.
I might be a lumberjack,
hacking down trees.
I might be a zookeeper
taming baboons
but never you fear:
I’ll keep watching cartoons.

My hair might turn grey
and my joints might go creaky.
My mind might go blank
and my bladder go leaky.
I might lose my teeth
and eat mush with a spoon
but as I expire
I’ll be watching cartoons.

With the WOWS!
and the POWS!
and the ZAPS!
and the ZOOMS!
no I’ll never stop watching cartoons!

Image result for sharky and george