For lots more exciting info about me, please go to my main home - www.joshuaseigal.co.uk

Wednesday 22 July 2015

PERSONIFICATION - poem & workshop idea (KS2)

Flag
 
I’m
very tall. My head is high. My
lips reach out to kiss the sky.

My ears can hear for miles
around. I stand one-legged
o
n
t
h
e
g
r
o
u
n
d
 
.................
 
Using the poem above as a model, ask children to think of an inanimate object. Examples include: tree, car, train, house, etc. Next, they need to list different parts of a human body (head, hands, arms, legs, etc.) Finally, they need to reimagine their inanimate object as though it possesses these human body parts, and think about what each of these parts may do. For example:
 
The windows of the house are eyes, peering out at passers by
The chimney is a tongue, tasting the flavour of the summer sky
The door is the heart, ready to let family in...
 
For an optional extra, they could rewrite their piece as a shape poem, as above!